Hope you all had an amazing long weekend because the 24th was the last public holiday until December, so we’re in for a long stretch and then it’s festive period again. I’m sure you can tell by the title that this will be a review on the Wet n Wild megalast liquid catsuit matte lipsticks. I really wanted to get this post up before they released these but it seems they are already available in selected Clicks stores.
I’ve been collecting these affordable liquid lipsticks over the past few months and I must say they are definitely my top drugstore liquid lipsticks. I had a special someone bring four shades in from the Target store while she was overseas and they actually had a sale at the time and were going for $3.99, which is a steal.
I then decided to add a few more by ordering from the Walgreens online store and had them ship it via my Aramexglobalshopper account and it worked out perfectly because they were running a 3 for 2 sale. I currently own 9 shades and figured I’d share my thoughts with you guys so you know what to expect from the different shades.
Wet n Wild MegaLast Liquid Catsuit Matte Lipstick
When I saw the packaging I immediately thought of the Jeffree Star liquid lipsticks. If you follow my blog you would know that these along with the Limecrime Liquid lipsticks are my top liquid lipsticks because the Formula is, in my opinion, pretty unbeatable. Click here to read my thoughts on my Jeffree Star Velour liquid lipstick collection. The Wet n Wild liquid lipsticks come in a transparent tube with a black cap. The doe foot applicator is also very similar to the Jeffree Star velour liquid lipstick applicator which is my favourite because it’s fantastic for a precise and even application. I quite like the packaging because it’s kept simple yet classy.
Formula, Pigmentation and Wear
The formula of these liquid lipsticks are a little inconsistent, some are liquidy and others have a creamy texture. I prefer the creamy like texture because it applies easily. I will point out the problematic ones below when I go through each shade. I also found that the creamier ones take a while to dry down but this isn’t an issue for me because this gives one the opportunity to fix any mess ups. It does feel slightly sticky after the application but this disappears once the lipstick has dried down. Once set it feels and looks completely matte and does feel slightly drying but even this initial dry feeling dissipates after a while.
Most of them have amazing pigmentation and you’re able to achieve full opaque lips with just one application.
I love that these are completely smudge- and transfer proof. The wearability also really caught me by surprise. I can easily get 7 -8 hours of wear with no touch-up required. They do obviously fade if you eat anything oily like with any liquid lipstick but it fades beautifully and doesn’t leave that harsh line that shows you’ve just eaten. It also layers on perfectly if you need to touch up the areas where it has faded.
- Pink Really Hard – Pink Really hard is exactly as it’s described – a pink shade but it isn’t as opaque as most of the others mentioned below and it, unfortunately, does emphasise fine lines. I think it’s expected because it’s a white base colour.
- Coral Corruption – When I saw swatches of this lippie, I knew I had to have it. I don’t own a coral colour liquid lipstick and this is a beautiful fun bright coral colour but it sadly applies a little streaky. You’ll definitely need 2 coats.
- Rebel Rose – This is a stunning muted mauve shade. The formula of this liquid lipstick is on point. It feels amazing on the lips and wears beautifully. It’s a must-have from this range.
- Give Me Mocha – a gorgeous nude brown that seems to be trending. There’s just something about this shade that makes me fall in love with it everytime I use it. Another stunning formula that applies easily, stays put without drying the lips and wears beautifully. The only thing I don’t like about this specific one is the applicator. It looks sparse and makes application a mission.
- Nice To Fuchsia – This is such a stunning bright pinky berry shade that definitely makes a statement. I love bold lips especially during spring and summer so you’ll definitely see me rocking this shade more often. The formula with this one is also great, so no complaints.
- Berry Recognise – I read someone’s review on this lippie and they described it as a great balance of dark meets bright. I didn’t think I’d love this colour as much as I do because it’s not always that a berry colour looks this good on me. The formula is excellent.
- Oh My Dolly – This is a very bright neon pink shade, not something I would wear on a daily basis but it’s a fun colour for when I’m feeling adventurous. This shade like Coral Corruption needs about two coats to achieve complete opacity.
- Flame Of The Game – This is a gorgeous bright reddish orange shade but has a slightly strange texture that sort of makes applying it a little difficult. I tried applying a 2nd coat after the 1st coat dried up but it seemed to worsen the feel on the lips. It’s not easy to work with but I eventually managed to achieve a thin even layer after numerous attempts. Not sure if it’s worth the effort. Hope this was just a bad batch because it’s such an elegant yet edgy shade.
- Missy And Fierce – This is a beautiful vibrant red shade that’s insanely pigmented. You just need one thin layer to achieve complete coverage. The formula is also great so this specific one is a 10/10.
These are pretty amazing liquid lipsticks at an unbeatable price. They will retail for R99.90 each at selected Clicks stores. If you’re looking for an affordable option then these are a must try. The packaging is pleasing, the doe foot applicator is great, the formula wearable and the staying power is pretty impressive. These are all the qualities I look for in a liquid lipstick and most of these shades tick all the boxes.
I watched a few youtube videos and some people were complaining that the very dark shades are streaky, so I decided not to purchase any but don’t let this stop you from trying them. I read Missdhanusha’s review on the shade Goth Topic and there was no mention of it being streaky. You can read her review here.
I hope this review was helpful and that you have an idea of what to expect. They’re great but there are a few inconsistencies. Let me know if you guys have tried these and if so, which shades? Have you experienced the same issues I have?
Toodles Stunners! XoXo
Ps. Please don’t forget to subscribe to my blog. Much Love!!