Hello, my fellow makeup lovers!
Welcome to the 1st blog post of the year 2022. Those who read my last post and follow me on other social platforms, would know that I was pregnant. Well, your girl gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on the 23rd of January. Yup, 2022 is the year I became a mom. So you can only imagine how challenging these past few weeks have been. To all the moms out there, well done, this ain’t easy. Probably one of the most challenging life experiences and yet all together extremely rewarding.
Current life update
Jasmine and I are gradually finding our feet and settling into some sort of a routine. I’m also feeling more like myself, I’ve recovered well and in a better space mentally and emotionally. I’m still not getting enough sleep but I imagine this will be the case for a few more years, so best I get used to it. Lol!
I’m trying to get back into creating content, just not sure how often it’ll be since I’m still new to motherhood. And since we’re on the topic of motherhood, I’ve decided to branch off by creating some “new mom” content here and there. I’m excited and feel so blessed to be on this journey and eager to share my experience with you guys.
Don’t worry, I won’t mind if you’re merely here for the beauty content. The motherhood content will be for those who are interested in it.
Thank you message
I was sitting and scrolling through my blog the other day and realised that my blog turned 5 years beginning of March. Five whole years of nurturing and caring for my little blog (and leaving it to wilt for a few months, sometimes). I can’t believe that this blog has been part of my life for so long. It has become my special place, one where I’m able to express myself freely. I’ve also met so many amazing people and made wonderful friends who I’ve become close to. There are people I met during my 1st year of blogging who I still talk to today.
I’ve said this many times (every year), but it still holds true, I could never imagine my life without this blog. I’m forever grateful that people continue to read my posts and interact with my content. Without readers, I don’t think I would have the motivation to continue to come back and post as well as to work on improving on my writing, photos and general content.
As always, I do a giveaway to Celebrate this yearly milestone
To celebrate and to thank you for the support, I am giving away all the products in the picture below to one of my readers.
Click this link to enter
Included in the giveaway
- Dito Venus palette limited edition
- Ace Beauté glimmer shadows in “Huckleberr
- Ace Beauté glimmer shadow in “French Vanilla”
- Pretty by flomar matte liquid lipstick in “Rosy Nude”
- Pretty by flomar matte nail enamel in “bronze”
- Pretty by flomar essential nail enamel in “light beige”
- NYX Lid lingerie in “night glow”
- Billion dollar brows clear brow gel
- Kiss blooming lashes in “peony”
- Bionic babe lash legend lengthening mascara
- Innisfree My Real sheet mask in “Manuka honey”
- Innisfree My Real sheet mask in “Lime”
- Beauty makeup sponge
Rules to Enter:
- The giveaway is only open to readers residing in South Africa.
- There will one winner at chosen at random
- The competition ends on 27 March 2022 at midnight
- Winner will be drawn on 28 March 2022 via random name picker
- The winner will be announced on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter thereafter so make sure you follow on those platforms so you don’t miss out.
- Winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize after which a new winner will be chosen.
- All entries will be checked and false entries will be removed.
- Unfollowers, spam and giveaway accounts will be disqualified from the giveaway.