I hope you guys had an amazing weekend and ready for another week. I know so many people dread Mondays but I always feel so fresh because I see it as an opportunity to work towards small goals I set for myself.
Today I’ll be sharing with you, my Colourpop Collection. Colourpop has been a beauty obsession for many. I must admit I also went through a Colourpop phase but there are other brands I prefer over Colourpop (Not that there is anything wrong with the brand, just that my preferences have changed) and I ended up selling most of the items I had collected.
My collection at the moment consists of liquid lippies, lippie stix, lip pencil and their single pressed powder shadows. I reviewed these eyeshadows, you can read it here. I also sell these at R120 each for those of you who might be interested.
I had soo many of their Ultra Matte liquid lipsticks but found that the formula wasn’t consistent and some of the lippies were too drying for my liking and some of the shades just didn’t suit me at all. There were a few that I found quite comfortable on the lips (these were the ones I chose to keep) and then there were others that were just unbearably drying and made my lips feel crusty. Some of the lippies even started crumbling which is a clear sign of a really bad formula or batch.
These are unfortunately the driest matte liquid lipsticks I’ve used. So it’s essential to prep your lips well before applying them. Exfoliating is a must even if you don’t use matte liquid lippies because some lipsticks can also accentuate dry lips. I always use a lip balm once I’ve applied my face primer. I then do my makeup and then lightly purse my lips on a tissue to get rid of the excess lip balm and proceed by applying my liquid lipstick.
Like I mentioned above, it’s a hit or miss with these because the formula isn’t consistent. Some are quite comfortable on the lips and others not so much. They are extremely long wearing and only really fade when you eat oily food.
- Aquarius 2 – described as a mauvy nude. As you can see, it’s quite light on me so a lip liner will probably be best to use because it does wash me out.
- Tulle – described as a dusty burgundy. I think this is the perfect autumn/winter shade.
- Lychee – described as a warm purple. This is a fun colour and because I love purples so much, I didn’t think twice about purchasing this one.
- Creeper – a classic blue red. One can never go wrong with a red lippie.
This is such an amazing formula. It’s thicker than the matte formula and has a mousse like consistency. They don’t dry down matte but has a satiny finish that’s super comfortable, extremely opaque and long-wearing. They do transfer but because they’re so opaque you won’t have to reapply several times during the day.
- Aquarius – described as a soft pinky nude. I love this formula so much. It applies like a dream and feels amazing on the lips. This is such a stunning nude and will go perfectly with a smokey eye.
- FricknFrack – described as a rosy terracotta. This is another gorgeous autumn/winter shade. It’s great if you don’t want to wear a lippie that’s too dark for example like Tulle but still want that sexy sultry look.
I’ve been eager to test out some metallic lippies but I wasn’t willing to spend more than $10. Colourpop is such an affordable brand so I figured I’d test one out to see if it’ll suit me. The formula is really comfortable which really caught me by surprise. It applies beautifully and you can achieve complete opacity with just one coat.
- Maneater – described as a rose gold metallic. I feel this lippie is more of a gold bronzy shade than a rose gold. It’s still such a stunning shade and intensely pigmented that all you need is one thin layer and you’re good to go.
I think all ladies should at least have a few lipglosses in their collection. I know that the matte lip is trending and it seems it ain’t going anywhere but every now and then, one should just change-up your look and go for something a little more subtle. Lipglosses can make the lips look so lush (specifically the nude shades) and this is the main reason I love them so much. lol. Colourpop Ultra Gloss lippies come in three different formulas, that being, sheer, creme and metallic. I only own the one that was in the Kathleen Lights Aquarius set in the creme formula and I absolutely love it. It’s super comfortable on the lips, doesn’t feel sticky at all and is fairly pigmented for a lipgloss.
- Aquarius – Gloss (creme formula).
Colourpop Lippie Stix come in a few formulae, namely matte, matte x, creme, satin and glossy. I’ve tried a few and I must say that they really are a good buy. These lippies come in a slim white twistable tube and I absolutely love how sleek this feels. They are highly pigmented and long wearing but I did have to touch up after 5-6, which isn’t bad at all for a “Lipstick” type of lippie.
- Aquarius (Creme formula) – described to be a soft pinky nude.
- Cookies (matte formula) – described as a true nude beige.
These lip pencils have such a great creamy texture that makes applying it, effortless. I bought these just to test them out and mainly use them to shade the outer edge of my lips when I wear nude lipsticks. There are so many ways one can use lip pencils, specifically ones that are this creamy and pigmented. Some use them as a base for a lipstick to make the lipstick last longer or to intensify the shade of the lipstick and others even use them in place of a lipstick. They also work so well for those who have uneven lips or want to try an ombre lip. The only downside to these lip pencils is that you have to sharpen them and because they’re so creamy, one tends to waste product.
- Aquarius – described as a soft pinky nude.
- Bound – described as a muted mauve.
I must admit that it was quite a mission to find lippie shades that were on point formula wise as well as shades that suited my skin tone best. It’s a little unfortunate that it’s a risk we take when we shop online because we just never really know if a shade will suit us. I’ve ended up selling so many of my Colourpop lippies for this reason. I’m quite happy with the few lippies, lippie stix, lip pencils and single pressed shadows that I currently own. The matte Aquarius lippie is the only lippie that I’m not overly obsessed about, I feel it’s a little too light for my liking.
Now for the exciting part. For this Giveaway, I’ve collaborated with my very talented blogger friend Nisa from @belleblushh to bring our readers/followers this great Colourpop giveaway. For the giveaway, we have selected some Colourpop favourites which include:
- Ultra Metallic lip in J.I.C
- Ultra Satin lip in Double Tap
- Ultra Matte lip in a colour of your choice
- Ultra Blotted lip in a colour of your choice
- Limited edition Magnetic eyeshadow palette
- Single pressed shadows in Let me explain, Stay Golden, High Strung & Top Notch.
Please click the link below to enter the Giveaway:
Rules to Enter:
- The giveaway is open to South African Residence only.
- There will only be one winner chosen,
- The competition ends on 5th July 2017 at 11:69pm CAT.
- The winner will be announced on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter thereafter so make sure you follow on those platforms so you don’t miss out.
- The winner will have 36 hours to claim their prize after which a new winner will be chosen.
- All entries will be checked and false entries will be removed.
- Unfollowers, spam and giveaway accounts will be disqualified from the giveaway.
- VERY IMPORTANT – If the shades you select are not available locally, I will place an order directly from Colourpop resulting in a delay of between 4-6 weeks for your prize to be delivered.
Good Luck Stunners!! Xx