Happy Birthday, Slayuniqueness!!!
Wowza, 3 years already? I can’t believe it’s been 3 years. Time sure does fly by when you’re having fun, right?
A little story
A month before I published my first blog post, I decided to do some research on what platforms to use. I jotted down ideas for my first 10 posts and started drafting my ‘Welcome Readers” blog post.
The events building up to my first post were rather unusual. The internal conflict I had with myself was unsettling. I had major anxiety, to say the least, but I can sit back and laugh about it now. Yolanda from 3 years ago doubted herself and was afraid of taking risks.
This may come as a surprise to you but my first blog post was published by mistake. I was navigating through the WordPress site to familiarise myself with the functions and I felt so overwhelmed. A decision to postpone this idea to a month later because I just wasn’t confident enough (procrastinator much?) got me feeling really down. And then it happened, I (in my absent-mindedness) had pressed the publish button.
Not long after that my phone went off and I received a notification that my post had been shared on Facebook. My husband then sent a message to congratulate me. I sat in silence and completely baffled at the current situation I found myself in. I can still recall the heart palpitations I experienced at that moment. The universe knew that this was a deep desire, so I believe that this “accident” happened for a reason.
And here we are, 3 years later and I’m still loving everything about this journey. I truly LOVE what I do and I appreciate every one of you for following, liking and commenting on my blog posts, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter content. Thank you for the tags, retweets, likes and being so supportive. Without you guys, my journey would be purposeless and unfulfilling. I can’t THANK YOU enough!
As always, I do a giveaway to Celebrate this yearly milestone.
Included in the Giveaway:
1. Tarte be you. Naturally eyeshadow palette
2. Ciaté London confetti highlighter
3. Brow bar brow makeover kit
4. PUR Sculptor highlight and contour palette
5. Hank & Henry long-wear liquid eyeliner
6. Manna Kadar lip whip in shade Hope
7. Wet n Wild gel lip liner in one burgundy
8. Isabella Garcia mineral clay body mask
9. JMsolution glow luminous sheet mask
10. JMsolution 24K Gold premium eye mask
11. TonyMoly egg nose pack
12. KNC beauty lip mask
13. 2 x Makeup brushes
14. Silicone brush cleaner
Click the link below to enter
Rules to Enter:
- The giveaway is only open to readers residing in South Africa.
- There will only be one winner chosen at random
- The competition ends on 15 March 2020 at midnight and a winner will be drawn on 16 March 2020.
- The winner will be announced on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter thereafter so make sure you follow on those platforms so you don’t miss out.
- The winner will have 48 hours to claim their prize after which a new winner will be chosen.
- Winner has to agree to have giveaway be shipped via Paxi.
- All entries will be checked and false entries will be removed.
- Unfollowers, spam and giveaway accounts will be disqualified from the giveaway.